Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Planning The Trip is Half The Fun

Going on a trip is fun, but planning a trip can be almost as much fun.  Trip planning is even more fun since you can search the Internet and use mobile apps to find fun things to do and good deals on hotels, restaurants, car rentals etc.


I am working on planning three trips right now.  This weekend, I am going to visit my daughter in Pittsburgh.  Just for fun, I am going to see how much fun we can have on the cheap. I am going to travel by Megabus.  They go nonstop from my hometown twice a day.  A round trip Megabus ride to Pittsburgh is only $30.00.  I can't drive that cheaply. I am working on things to do and places to eat that won't break the bank. Stay tuned to see how I did.



Hubby and I are planning a winter trip to Key West.  I am really excited about this one!  We decided to fly to Miami and drive Highway One.  We hear that everyone should drive into Key West via Highway One at least once.  We are flying back directly from Key West.  We will be taking part in a Food and Wine Festival held there each winter.  Our winery owning friends are reserving room at the Southernmost Hotel.  We will be going to lots of activities; a beach party, a Key West Stroll and maybe a sunset catamaran cruise.  Can't Wait!



The third trip is to Washington, PA for the Color Me Rad 5K.  This is a fun event to raise money for Ronald McDonald House. Participants wear white.  While they run or walk the course, the Bomb Squad throws colored paint powder made from corn starch.  When you are done, you look like a rainbow.  A big colorful finale is planned at the finish line.  My sister and I have decided to participate and my daughter plans to be a bomb squad member.

These trips are going to keep us busy planning! Looking forward to them is just as much fun as taking them. I'll keep you posted on all the fun.  If you have been on any of these trips before, let me know what you did.  Maybe I can add that to my list of things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment