Friday, July 27, 2012

My (Cheap) Trip to Pittsburgh Day 3

Day one and two of my Pittsburgh trip were pretty discounted.  Day three was a little more expensive, but not by much :)  Sunday started with a long walk on 5th Avenue. Marla was sleeping in and I needed to MOVE. I walked to Mellon Park This park was filled with gardens and sculptures. There was a band playing in the park and lots of people were enjoying their Sunday morning there.


I walked back to a local coffee shop and got an iced tea. It's just what I needed after a walk on a hot day. Now it was time to do some of the weekend chores, so we headed for groceries. It was lunch time so we split a maranara and mozzarella pizza. We got ingredients to make a yummy broccoli and noodle casserole for Monday's lunch. Next we met my college roommate and some of Marla's friends in Southside for dinner at Local Bar and Kitchen. I split a buffalo chicken wing salad with Wanda (my roomie). Marla, Tony and Sarah split buffalo chicken dip. I don't know about the dip, but the salad was delicious and we didn't even need any dressing. Marla got a drink called a Yuinserita. It's a margarita with a bottle of beer in it. Sounds gross but tasted good. I found Frambois (rasberry beer) on the menu which made me happy. Wanda and her husband Curtis pulled the "pay the tab while I went to the restroom" trick. Thanks so much guys. I really appreciate your generosity! More savings for the cheap trip to Pittsburgh.



Since my roomie paid the tab, we went to a bar down the street and I bought her a drink. Then we headed to Love Yogurt so the younger crowd could get a treat. They had all kinds of yogurt flavors and toppings. After a stop at Starbucks to hang out, we said goodbye to Wanda and Curtis and got to see Sarah's cute apartment and her pet cat. It wasn't dark yet and we were feeling a little bloated from all the food and drink, so we stopped off at Schenely Park for a walk. It was a beautiful place to watch the sun set over the Pittsburgh skyline. On the way home we stopped for a Red Box movie.

Day 3
Tea at coffee shop $2.06
Lunch at the grocery store $7.90
Groceries $46.45
Parking in Southside $4.00
Love Yogurt $19.45
Drinks for Wanda and I $9.00
Big Box Movie $1.28

Total Cost for day 3 $90.14

Check in for day four and a complete total tomorrow.











No comments:

Post a Comment