Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Destination: Roommate Reunion

The roomies at Mad Mex

Very soon my college roommates and I will converge on State College for our yearly "Wives Gone Wild" reunion. Many years ago (I'm not going to tell you exactly how many, but Madonna was a newcomer) seven of us shared a house at Lock Haven University. I don't remember much about what I studied that year, but I do remember that we all had a blast. Over the years we got together when we could. Usually we never had all of us together at one time.

In 1999, one of our roomies, Wanda, suffered a benign brain tumor and faced surgery to remove it. She decided to have a "tumor party" before she went under the knife. (Classic Wanda) Since then we have all made it a priority to get together once a year. This year we decided to bring some happiness back to Happy Valley. We will be spending three nights together and I can't wait!


Wanda, Laurie, Denise

We have plans (as usual) to enjoy good food, good drink and good company. One thing I am really looking forward to is a limo ride to Seven Mountains Winer Cellars to do a tasting and a tour. This is somewhere I love to go and I wanted to share it with my girls.

Some other plans include eating at some nice restaurants, dancing at the Shandygaff (where the young ones are very nice to us seasoned veterans) and wing night at Tussey Mountain. I'll be tweeting my trip so if you would like to follow along look me up @Adair62







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Sue, there are 5 of us from my college days that kept in touch through birthday & Christmas cards, and an occasional email over the years. Then about 5 years ago, we decided to get together. It was the best thing ever! We have continued to keep in touch, email every day, and get together in each of our hometowns (in PA & MD) several times a year, more if we can all swing it in our busy schedules. Wouldn't trade the girl time for anything! And by the way, I love your "Wives Gone Wild" weekend theme!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, aren't these the most fun and I find these get-togethers recharge me for my upcoming school year (I'm a teacher). Love my roomies!

      Delete